Top ten important gas saving tips that will increase your mileage and value of your gasoline dollars:
1. Make sure tires have the correct amount of air.
2. Have your fuel filter inspected and change.
3. Lighten your vehicle’s load. Remove those articles in your trunk that are creating excess weight.
4. Keep the windows up. (Less drag an dwind resistance)
5. Slow down. Don’t Speed.
6. Plan local shopping trips ahead of time and select a route that avoids doubling back or traveling unnecessary miles.
7. Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold.
8. When you’re filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping.
9. One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation.
10. Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up; most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.