Don Deering is our Property Manger based in Fountain Valley but serving all of Orange County, California. He is was very matter of fact about how he can help property owners that are looking for a property management company to take things over:
- “I provide a cost free service” – because most property owners get comfortable with tenants and don’t have the means to carefully vet prospective tenants they consequently don’t raise rents, ever. Raising the rent, even once, generally covers Don’s 5% fee.
- Prospective tenants are given a background check, actually a triple check that also goes in to bankruptcies and evictions. Anyone who’s had an eviction is not a candidate for rental. As a result out of nearly 500 properties that Don manages they had only 2 evictions last year.
- People have a hard time getting delinquent tenants out. Lion Property Management knows the ins and outs of this process which begins with a 3 Day notice to Pay Rent or Quit. This is followed up by a phone call to determine intent. Don has a heart to heart talk with the tenant letting them know that an eviction will show on their record and suggesting means to avoid this. Generally this can have the desired result and save the owner $800 – $900 in attorney’s fees that a formal eviction will cost.
- Every property owner is given monthly and yearly reports about their home. There is a $200 repair fee ceiling that once reached triggers a call to the property owner for approval of the repair.
- Lion Property Management also keeps homes in compliance with the latest changes in the law such as the new California State law that requires a carbon monoxide detector be installed in all rental properties.
If you own a property in Orange County and are looking for an expert Property Management company please consider Don Deering of Lion Property Management.
Don Deering – Lions Properties
10101 Talbert #212
17155 Newhope Street, Suite A
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Don’s Google Places page: Lion Property Management Orange County