Jim Duncan of AIM Mail Center at the corner of Atlanta and Magnolia in Huntington Beach told us to watch out for what sounds like a “deal” when it comes to those “flat rate” boxes from the United States Post Office. Apparently the rate at which you are charged is equivalent to shipping a 7 lb. package! If you’re not shipping something at least that heavy you’re paying too much for your shipping! Come in the AIM Mail Center at either the corner of Atlanta and Magnolia or at the corner of Harbor and Adams behind the restaurants facing Adams and Jim will help you get the best deal for your shipping.
In the past Jim has been asked to ship these exotic items:
- Ceiling fans to Brazil: he even arranged the “last mile” shipping to the hotel the lady owned.
- Live Christmas Trees: he shipped this overseas so that someone could have Christmas abroad.
- Car Parts: he shipped a complete axle and rear end all the way to Georgia
- Blood: shipped to a hospital in New York
- Stuffed Camel: I’m not sure where this one ended up, ask him when you stop in the store.
Jim said that 60% of items come to him pre-packed. He packages up the rest and has never had a “fatality” when it comes to items that he’s packaged.